Neurological disorders encompass a broad range of diseases that impact the brain, spinal cord, and nervous system. The brain is the centre of the nervous system, and all neurological processing activity happens there. There are more than 600 known diseases that affect our nervous systems, including brain tumours, epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and strokes.
There are several steps we can take to help keep our nervous system in the best possible health. Here are 6 tips for a healthier nervous system:
1. Get enough sleep. This basic need is often ignored, but being well rested is so good for us! Not only how we feel but also for our body’s internal cells, things we can’t feel!
2. Reduce stress. Stress can tax our nervous system. Things like yoga, meditation, deep breathing and massage can to keep our neurological system in good working order.
3. Exercise the body. Get active! Physical exercise is always a good thing. If you can walk, you can exercise enough! A simple 20 minute daily walk can do wonders. Yoga is also a great form of stress release and offers the nervous system the right kind of stimulation.
4. Exercise the mind. Keeping our brains active helps maintain neural connections and that in turn improves memory and flexibility. This is especially important as we age. Learning new things, seeing new places, doing puzzles, solving problems, doing new tasks, etc. can all keep us sharp. In addition, researchers have shown that the simple act of writing on paper works the neurological system well.
5. Positive mental attitude. Develop a positive attitude about your abilities. Reject the notion that nervous system (neurological) functioning declines with age.
6. Eat right, eat well. We’re starting to understand more and more so how nutrition plays a big role in our overall health. The nervous system needs foods rich in B-vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin D, Magnesium, and Iron to function healthily.
Here is a list of good foods to include in a balanced diet:
- Fish – halibut and salmon especially
- Organ meats – liver
- Dark leafy green vegetables
- Low fat Milk, yogurt
- Minvita Organic Sprouted GABA Rice
More About Minvita GABA Rice
GABA rice is considered as a superfood, in which researchers have found that a regular intake of GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) helps improve nerve functioning, prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, reduces sleeplessness, relieves constipation, lowers blood pressure and prevents various types of digestive cancers. Rice germ also contains Gamma Oryzanol – an antioxidant that help prevent cancers and wrinkles from ageing.
GABA is an amino acid and the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. It inhibits the transmissions of nerve impulses and maintains a balance in the brain between excitation and inhibition, acting as a calming agent.
GABA rice is shown to help with :
• anxiety and depression
• stress-related fatigue
• memory and cognitive function
• lowering blood pressure
• suppressing liver damage
The recommended GABA intake for most people is about 50-100 mg/day. For those who suffer from nervous-related health problems or anxiety disorders, the recommended intake is 150-250 mg/day. For the most benefit, consumption of GABA is recommended at 150 mg/day for at least 8 weeks consecutively. The nutritional values for Minvita GABA Rice are more than twice as much as other GABA rices on the market!
Available in three varieties, Jasmine, Black and Jasmine-Green Tea, this GABA rice is also known as Germinated Brown Rice (GBR). It’s made from top quality Thai jasmine and black wholegrain rice, harvested from paddy fields in Sisaket, Thailand.
The rice is soaked for 24 hours, when the maximum possible nutrition level is reached, to stimulate germination, then parboiled, locking in the vitamins, nutrients and amino acids, especially gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Minvita GABA is made from top quality certified organic rice from Northeast Thailand, where we are based, using the application of local knowledge in the production to help extend the shelf-life and nutritional values of the rice to be better than regular milled rice. Minvita use paddy or unmilled rice for the germination process, then steam and dry the germinated paddy rice before milling, as they have found from experience that this better captures the valuable nutrients in the rice grain, in spite of being a much more labour-intensive process.
GABA rice is available from Ocado, Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Revital and www.minvita.co.uk priced £5.99 for 500g.
Minvita strongly believe that nature provides us with fruit, vegetables and herbs that contain all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that our bodies require. They question the need to resort to artificially manufactured products when a natural, organic alternative is available. Minvita take great care to ensure that any products that carry the Minvita logo are harvested in a sustainable manner to ensure no impact on the local environment.
Minvita are a dedicated and passionate team that takes great pride in the work that they do and they believe that by choosing Minvita products, customers will get the very best that nature has to offer.
For more information or press samples contact Rebecca Goodyear PR on:
020 3651 7360