Here are a few tips to help you age gracefully, naturally. From Erin McCann, Nutritional Consultant for Unbeelievable Health.
1) Increase Your Antioxidants
Antioxidants play an important role in reducing inflammation, repairing damaged cells and restoring balance throughout the body. These actions aid in prevention of chronic disease such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer. They also aid in reducing the signs of aging by repairing damage to the skin from sun and pollutants and improving skin elasticity. Increase antioxidants by:
• Eating more fruits, like berries and citrus fruit, and vegetables, like leafy greens and squashes.
• Take a quality, natural supplement containing antioxidant rich plant extracts, like Bee Prepared Immune Support Daily Defence or Max Strength.
2) Maintain a balance between Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty Acids
The balance between Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty acids is important for reducing inflammation in the body, supporting cognitive function and for maintaining cellular. Ideally the ratio should be between 1/5 to 1/2 (Omega 3/Omega 6). When consuming the typical ‘Western Diet’ this ratio can be 1/16. This balance can be maintained by:
• Reducing processed, refined foods and take aways in your diet.
• Eating fresh oily fish like wild salmon, mackerel, haddock and sardines 3 or more times a week.
• Cooking with coconut oil as an alternative to butter, margarine and other oils.
3) Eat balanced meals and snacks regularly.
Research has found that excess insulin can speed the ageing process and create inflammation in your body. You can balance insulin and blood sugar levels by:
• Eating meals with a combination of complex carbohydrates, quality vegetarian or lean animal proteins, and antioxidant rich vegetables.
• Having quality snacks between meals, such as hummus with vegetables or oatcakes, to maintain energy and balance insulin levels.
• Reduce stimulants like coffee which can increase insulin production.
4) Exercise regularly
Exercise not only aids in weight management but it supports your body with improving energy production, immune function and bone density. Increase your exercise throughout the day by:
• Taking a brisk 20 minute walk each day.
• Opt to use the stairs or walking to destinations when you can.
• Incorporate resistance training into your regime such as yoga, pilates or weights
5) Support immune function.
As you age, your immune system may not work as efficiently. A well functioning immune system will aid your body’s natural defences against infection and chronic illness. The best ways to support immunity are:
• Get adequate sleep and rest.
• Find ways to manage stress. Stress hormones have natural immunosuppressive actions.
• Eat immune supporting nutrient rich foods containing zinc, B vitamins, vitamin C and flavoioids.
• Get out in the sun for a dose of Vitamin D.
• Take natural, plant extract immune support supplements like Bee Prepared Immune Support, which will balance and support immune function without over stimulating it.
For more information on Unbeelievable Health Bee Prepared visit unbeelievablehealth.co.uk
If you have a question for Erin or would like to request press samples please email Rebecca Goodyear PR at email@example.com or all 020 3651 7360