Winter can be a stressful time for our skin. The colder weather has a number of effects on our skin –
- It makes our blood vessels dilate, causing redness of the skin.
- Because humidity is generally lower in the winter it means there is less water in the air, and this dries out our skin and hair.
- Cold winds and central heating also have the same effect, which leaves skin and hair in need of some extra nourishment and moisturisation.
Our skin can become dehydrated if we’re not taking on board enough fluid to keep skin hydrated on the inside. Whilst other experts may disagree with this statement, I’m a firm
believer that taking on board fluids does improve the appearance of skin as well as how it feels inside (no tightness.)
Here are our top tips to help you have your best skin yet this winter, some of which you may not have thought about –
- Only have the central heating on if you really have to. Put another jumper on and keep the thermostat down low or on a time for the very few hours in the day when you really need the home heated.
- Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air. This will help keep moisture in your skin from escaping into the atmosphere.
- Invest in supplements. If your skin is drier than it should be, the chances are you are deficient in one or more of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Potassium or Essential Fatty Acids, so it may be wise to invest in a decent multivitamin.
- Use a face mask to deeply hydrate the skin. rather than harsh or stripping treatments. Do not have super hot baths as these really dry your whole body out.
Last but by no means least, make sure your daily skincare regimen is suite to your skin, and invest in heavy duty skincare to see your skin through the cold winter days. Here are our top picks from the NAOBAY collection for this:
Oxygenating Moisturizing Cream: combines three skincare products into one, all of which have moisturising, protecting and smoothing properties.
Key ingredients: Sesame Oil, Avocado Oil, Shea Butter and Sweet Almond Oil organically nourish the skin for a flawless complexion.
With a quick-dry formula, this cream is perfect as a makeup base.
98.83% of the total ingredients are of natural origin.
Moisturizing Milk Cleanser: with an indulgent milk-like texture this cleanser gently yet effectively removes impurities and dirt that grace the complexion daily without leaving any traces of irritation or redness.
Key ingredients: Olive Oil, Gotu Kola and Sweet Almond Oil protect and intensely nourish the skin.
98.87% of the total ingredients are of natural origin.
The HydraPlus range is designed to deliver endless moisture to thirsty skin, diminishing dehydration and signs of fatigue to reveal beautifully soft, plump skin.
Key ingredients: Organic Aloe Vera, Apple and Marshmallow Extract.