Stressed in the city? Tired of typing? Moody in meetings? Did you know that our stress levels are not dictated by the activity we are doing, but how we react to the situation. Our reactions are governed by our nervous system, and there are several things we can do to support a healthy nervous system function.
5 Top Tips for A Healthy Nervous System Function
1. Exercise regularly, or at least be active. Even a 20 minute walk every day is better than nothing. Yoga is incredibly good for improving your all round health, but also does amazing things for your nervous system.
2. Don’t smoke. Ever. If you’re a smoker in times of stress, realise that you are actually having a detrimental effect on the situation! Smoking affects the neurotransmitters in your brain, including serotonin, dopamine and GABA.
3. Sleep. A lot. Our circadian rhythm dictates that the most regenerative hours of sleep are those before midnight. Whilst in some jobs and lifestyles, bed before midnight is not possible every night, at least try to make it 23 times a week.
4. Set priorities, and focus on one task at a time. As we get older, our multitasking functions decrease, and recently the media has denounced the idea of multitasking as increasing efficiency. Make a todo list of everything, prioritise tasks, and set realistic deadlines.
5. Eat a balanced diet; ensure you eat a lot of sources of Bvitamins, fresh fruits and vegetables in a wide spectrum of colours, and stay hydrated. You may also wish to consider Minvita Organic Sprouted GABA Rice.
More About GABA Rice
GABA rice is considered as a superfood, in which researchers have found that a regular intake of GABA (gamma aminobutyric acid) helps improve nerve functioning, prevents the onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases, reduces sleeplessness, relieves constipation, lowers blood pressure and prevents various types of digestive cancers. Rice germ also contains Gamma Oryzanol – an antioxidant that help prevent cancers and wrinkles from ageing.
GABA is an amino acid and the major inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. It inhibits the transmissions of nerve impulses and maintains a balance in the brain between excitation and inhibition, acting as a calming agent.
GABA rice is shown to help with :
• anxiety and depression
• stress-related fatigue
• memory and cognitive function
• lowering blood pressure
• suppressing liver damage
The recommended GABA intake for most people is about 50-100 mg/day. For those who suffer from nervous-related health problems or anxiety disorders, the recommended intake is 150-250 mg/day. For the most benefit, consumption of GABA is recommended at 150 mg/day for at least 8 weeks consecutively. The nutritional values for Minvita GABA Rice are over 150mg per serving size: 1/3 cup (50 g). That’s more than twice as much as other GABA rice on the market!
Available in three varieties, Jasmine, Black and Jasmine-Green Tea, this GABA rice is also known as Germinated Brown Rice (GBR). It’s made from top quality Thai jasmine and black wholegrain rice, harvested from paddy fields in Sisaket, Thailand.
The rice is soaked for 24 hours, when the maximum possible nutrition level is reached, to stimulate germination, then parboiled, locking in the vitamins, nutrients and amino acids, especially gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).
Minvita GABA is made from top quality certified organic rice from Northeast Thailand, where we are based, using the application of local knowledge in the production to help extend the shelf-life and nutritional values of the rice to be better than regular milled rice. Minvita use paddy or unmilled rice for the germination process, then steam and dry the germinated paddy rice before milling, as they have found from experience that this better captures the valuable nutrients in the rice grain, in spite of being a much more labour-intensive process.
GABA rice is available from Ocado, Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Revital and www.minvita.co.uk priced £5.99 for 500g.
Minvita strongly believe that nature provides us with fruit, vegetables and herbs that contain all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients that our bodies require. They question the need to resort to artificially manufactured products when a natural, organic alternative is available. Minvita take great care to ensure that any products that carry the Minvita logo are harvested in a sustainable manner to ensure no impact on the local environment.
Minvita are a dedicated and passionate team that takes great pride in the work that they do and they believe that by choosing Minvita products, customers will get the very best that nature has to offer.
For more information or press samples contact Rebecca Goodyear PR on:
020 3651 7360